Wednesday 28 January 2015

Hello Twenty Fifteen

After my new year eve party, when I got cozy into my blanket with sleepy eyes, one thought that swept my mind was, 'New year, new engrossments; time to pull out all the stops'. And to give power to this thought, I did something new to start with. I tried my hands on poetry! And of course, I’m eager to share it with you all…
She walked past swiftly
and got with her,
her own ups and downs
A teacher to many
A guardian for a few
A friend to me
but conceivably a fiend for you
She carried on, never giving up
Promising grounds for hope
With every sunrise within her
But then she said
Everything comes to an end
And the clock struck twelve
To mark her death 
and that is when she faded away
Only to give birth to another her


A weird name she had, 
the Year they called her!

Just like this one, I plan to experiment and explore new avenues, as much as I can this year. I’ll make sure to keep you updated!

Moving onto my outfit for today, I chose to take a break from the usual winter colours. Moreover, it’s time we grow out of the myth that only dark shades are winter appropriate, and start injecting brighter hues into our winter wardrobe.


Top: Marks and Spencer 
Bag: D&H Brothers (a gift from my brother!)
Coat: Kazo
Boots: 5th Avenue


The gorgeous super soft yarn disguises itself in the form of a top.



I chose to wear majority of black and a soft yarn top in a bright colour. I wanted the bright hue to talk for itself. I teamed it up with leather boots and a coat to add an extra edge to the look. 
Since I carried this outfit while the sun was up, I opted for a minimalist approach towards the accessories part. But if this outfit heads for dusk, I would suggest accessorizing it with statement gold shade accessory. 






No comments:

Post a Comment